1 whole organic chicken
5 tb coconut oil
2 onions, cut into wedges
1 head garlic, cloves separated
2 organic lemons
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp sea salt
1 tb coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
2 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 150oC.
- Rinse the chicken and place into large dutch oven or casserole dish.
- Place onion wedges and garlic cloves in the pot, adding some into the chicken cavity.
- Add coconut oil to the pot.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the turmeric and coconut aminos.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the chicken. Slice the remaining lemon and scatter over the chicken and inside the cavity.
- Sprinkle salt over the chicken and top with rosemary sprigs.
- Place the lid on the dutch oven/casserole dish and place in oven for 3 1/2hours, basting every hour.
- Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes to allow the chicken to brown and skin to crisp up.
- Rest for 10 minutes and serve with roast vegetables drizzled with pan juices.